Yampatika Summer Camp 2017
Summer Camp registration is open on Active.com!
Yampatika’s summer programs provide children hands-on opportunities to explore their natural surroundings in a safe, professional atmosphere. Each program is theme-based and designed to inspire environmental stewardship through education. Programs are age-specific and led by experienced Naturalists. No two weeks are alike so feel free to enroll your child in all of the weeks or the camp theme that most interests him/her.
All programs take place at Yampatika’s Environmental Learning Center at Legacy Ranch. The Ranch was homesteaded in 1899. Its historic structures provide natural opportunities for learning about our region’s agricultural and ranching history. Its 132 acres of hay meadows, pastures, wetlands and riparian areas provide ample opportunity for nature exploration in the field. The Environmental Learning Center is located at the intersection of Highway 40 and 131 just outside the city limits. Yampatika is proud to limit our camp sizes to 12 children to ensure your children experience a fun, safe and educational environment. Each camp is supervised by two adults for a ratio of 1 adult to every 6 campers.
Click the link for an overview of camp: Summer Camp Schedule 2017!
Click the link for a complete description of Camp Themes.
Drop off: 8:30 am– 9:00 am
Pick up: 4:00 pm– 4:30 pm
* Early bird discounts of $25 for a full week of camp are good until April 30th!
* Become a Yampatika member for $50 and save $50 on a full week of camp! Call the office to purchase your membership and get your coupon code!
Summer Camp 2017 Dates and Themes
Week 1: 6/12-6/16
- Yampatykes: Wildlife Detectives
- Nature Explorers: Circle of Life
Week 2: 6/19-6/23
- Junior Naturalists – Field Exploration: Green Scene
- Senior Naturalists – Field Exploration: Blue Planet
Week 3: 6/26-6/30
- Nature Explorers: Incredible Journey
- Yampatykes: Home on the Range
Week 4: 7/3-7/7
- 3-day Yampatykes Day Camp: Circle of Life
- 3-day Special Camp – Senior Rangers (2 Night) – All Aboard the Moose Safari
Week 5: 7/10-7/14
- Nature Explorers: Wildlife Detectives
- Yampatykes: Incredible Journey
Week 6: 7/17-7/21
- Junior Rangers (1 Night) Overnight – Wild Wild West
- Yampatykes: Circle of Life
Week 7: 7/24-7/28
- Junior Rangers (1 Night) Overnight – Animal Allies
- Senior Rangers (2 night) Overnight – Our Land Before Time
Week 8: 7/31-8/4
- Yampatykes: Wildlife Detectives
- Nature Explorers: Home on the Range
Week 9: 8/7-8/13
- Wilderness Rangers (Backpacking Trip)
Yampatykes (ages 5-6)
Nature Explorers (ages 7-8)
Junior Naturalists/Rangers (ages 9-10)
Senior Naturalists/Rangers (ages 11-12)
Wilderness Rangers (ages 12-14)
Need-based scholarships available!
Each year we strive to have 20% or greater participation in camps from our worthy scholarship recipients. Scholarships are available on a first come first served basis! If you are interested in applying for a full or partial need-based scholarship click HERE for the application on Active.com. Simply add the application to the “cart” and fill out the form in the check out steps. There is no fee to apply.
Click here to fill out a Google Doc scholarship application.
Scholarships are awarded on a bi-weekly basis by committee. For more information, to check the status of your application, or if you are unsure if you qualify, please contact our office at 970-871-9151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
– Yampatika will refund 80% of the tuition if you cancel at least 14 days prior to the camp start date.
– There will be NO REFUND for cancellations less than 14 days prior to program.
– No exceptions can be made to the cancellation and refund policy, including medical or personal emergencies.
– It may be necessary for Yampatika to cancel a camp due to low enrollment. In this case, you will receive a full refund.