Winter has arrived!
Yampatika volunteers are currently along on all of our public programs! A huge thank you to each volunteer donating their valuable time to support our educational programs on snowshoes or skis!
What does it look like to be a volunteer with Yampatika? Volunteer for one program a week or one program a month—we appreciate whatever time you can offer!
- Support the Naturalist leading a program by:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to program start to help the Naturalist meet participants
- Greet participants with a smile and help the Naturalist hand out or collect forms
- Help participants with their snowshoes or other gear
- Be willing to walk or ski at the back of the group and ensure the group stays together, be friendly and encouraging
- Lastly, we encourage you to learn and enjoy the outdoors!
- Ski with a Naturalist (ski pass provided day of this program!): Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:30-2:30 pm
- Uranium Mine Snowshoe Tour at Fish Creek Falls: Fridays, 10 am-1 pm
- Emerald Mountain Snowshoe Tour: Saturdays, 10 am-12 pm
- Moonlight Snowshoe Tours: December 13th; January 12th; February 10th; March 12th; times vary with sunset/ moonrise time
- Audubon Christmas Bird Count: December 17th (Ski or snowshoe with a local birder! Ski pass provided as you help with the nation’s longest-running citizen science bird project!)
Excited to learn more and get involved?! Email Kellie at: email@example.com or call: 970.871.9151 for more information!