Summer Programs are right around the corner!
Yampatika volunteers are currently along on all of our public programs! A huge thank you to each volunteer donating their valuable time to support our educational programs on snowshoes or skis!
What does it look like to be a volunteer with Yampatika? Volunteer for one program a week or one program a month—we appreciate whatever time you can offer!
- Support the Naturalist leading a program by:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to program start to help the Naturalist meet participants
- Greet participants with a smile and help the Naturalist hand out or collect forms
- Be willing to walk at the back of the group and ensure the group stays together, be friendly and encouraging
- Lastly, we encourage you to learn and enjoy the outdoors!
Here is an overview of the summer programs needing volunteers:
- Mineral Springs Tour – Wednesdays, June 28th – August 30th, 9 am – 11 am
- Yampatika Naturalist at Fish Creek Falls – Thursday, Friday and Saturdays, June 22nd – September 2nd, 10 am – 1 pm (NEW this summer!)
- Mountain Wildflower Hikes – Saturdays, June 10th, July 1st and August 5th, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Medicinal Herb Walks – Saturdays, May 13th, June 24th and July 15th, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Geology Hikes – Friday, June 30th (9 am – 1 pm); Saturday, July 29th (8 am – 4:00 pm); and Saturday, August 19th (9 am – 1 pm) (NEW this summer!)
- Watershed Walks – Mondays, June 26th, July 10th and August 7th, 9:30 am – 11 am, locations vary (NEW this summer!)
- Birding Programs – Thursdays, May 25th – July 13th (no program June 8th), 8:00 am – 10:00 am, locations vary. May 25th is Birding by Cart.
Other volunteer opportunties
- Office Volunteers – We are currently looking for one or two individuals to help out in the office. We need help with filing, organizing, answering phones, etc.
- Legacy Ranch – We are looking for volunteers to help with ongoing maintenance and clean-up at Legacy Ranch!
- Committees – We are looking for individuals interested in serving on a committee. There are current openings on Finance Committee, Development Committee, Program Committee and 25th Anniversary Committee!
Excited to learn more and get involved?! Email Kellie at: email@example.com or call: 970.871.9151 for more information!