Volunteer Opportunities – Winter 2017- 2018
Yampatika is recruiting new and experienced volunteers to help with our busy winter program schedule! If you enjoy interacting with people and love to snowshoe or ski this might be a great match for you!
What’s involved when volunteering with Yampatika?
- Volunteers support our Naturalists leading programs. There are lots of ways they do this and here are a few important ones:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to program start to help the Naturalist meet participants.
- Greet participants with a smile and help the Naturalist hand out snowshoes and assist participants to get their snowshoes on.
- Snowshoe or ski at the back of the group to ensure the group stays together.
- Volunteers need to be friendly, able to carry on conversations, and encouraging to all participants!
- Volunteers should be comfortable and excited to be outside in all weather conditions and be able to keep pace with the group.
- Lastly, we encourage you to be curious and learn something new each time you’re supporting a program!
Interested to learn more?
Email Kellie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and you will receive a link to sign up for one of our training orientations:
- Join us for a 1 hour orientation on 4 December (5-6 pm) or 5 December (6-7 pm)
- Ski With A Naturalist Training: 7 December (1- 3 pm) (Lift tickets provided!)
- Uranium Mine Snowshoe Tour Training: 8 December (10 am- 1 pm)
- Emerald Mountain Snowshoe Tour Training: 9 December (10 am- 12 pm)
Check out the Job Descriptions for our Winter Volunteers!
*** Are you a returning volunteer interested in more responsibilities and to get involved as a mentor? Email Kellie to get on this list and start chatting about a higher level of involvement and the opportunity to help on our Private Guided Tours this winter!
Other volunteer opportunities
- Office Volunteers – We are currently looking for one or two individuals to help out in the office. We need help with filing, organizing, answering phones, etc.
- Legacy Ranch – We are looking for volunteers to help with ongoing maintenance and clean-up at Legacy Ranch!
- Committees – We are looking for individuals interested in serving on a committee. There are current openings on Finance Committee, Development Committee, Program Committee and Volunteer Committee!
Excited to learn more and get involved?! Email Kellie at: email@example.com or call: 970.871.9151 for more information!